User Manual for Google Function
User Manual for Google Function
Using Google Apps to Create Presentations
Google Apps © is a collection of Google applications that provide important and reliable services to assist in managing your business. This hosted service allows organizations, educational institutions such as universities, colleges and schools and other institutions to use a range of Google products- counting Google Drive, Email, Google Talk and Google Calendar-on an exclusive domain (for example, my.marymount.edu). For example, if you have the domain example.com and you register for Google services, every person in the university will find:
- A custom email address (email@example.com)
- Techniques for Word processing
- Presentations and Spreadsheets
- A calendar system
- Techniques for developing web sites and pages for the institution
- Access to an adaptable intranet system
- And many more
Google Apps © is a trademark function of the Google enterprise. Therefore, any attempt to manufacture, duplicate or sell a version of the product without proper authorization will result into a stern litigation.
Terms and Conditions
Google Apps are under the terms and conditions provided and applied by Google as agreed when you register for your Google Account. The applications are powered by Google. However, if you own an account for Google Apps, then the services that you access within your account are also applicable under the terms and conditions of Marymount University. In order to access Google Apps ©, it is a prerequisite to own a Google Account. A Google Account is important for accessing the applications since it permits the user to have access to a range of similar and free Google products. For example, products such as Google Groups, Picasa, Google Shopping List, iGoogle, Web History and Gmail, are widely accessible and are under administration from Google.
For any queries or assistance, you can contact us via our official website at www.google.com/contact/
Table of Contents
How to Use This Guide……………………………………………………………………………5
Instructions for Using the Application……………………………………………………………6
To access the Google features from the Marymount Portal………………………………6
To load a Google Presentation showing the classes you teach in the fall and your office hours………………………………………………………………………………………………8
Using the Google Presentation for showing the classes that you teach in the fall and your office hours………………………………………………………………………………………10
To enter data in a particular field within the presentation……………………………….11
Presenting the Output……………………………………………………………………12
Frequently Asked Questions……………………………………………………………………..13
How to Use This Guide
Welcome to the Marymount University Portal. The Google Apps User Manual for Marymount University is a guide for assisting facility members in accessing the latest features of Google applications and the processes involved in course registration at the university. Since the faculty is part of the Marymount University Portal, then it is relatively simple to access Google Apps features. The user guide provides subsequent systematic procedures that assist immensely in directing the members of the university staff. Furthermore, these steps assist the faculty in accessing basic Google Apps features as well as the improvements made to the applications that make tasking easier, creative and fun to apply.
Before accessing the Google Apps features, make sure that your computer satisfies the proceeding requirements:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 64 MB RAM
- 1000KB disk space
- Pentium 200 MHz or faster
- Internet connection (at least a modem connection of 56K and above)
- One of these Internet browser: Opera Mini 4.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or Mozilla Firefox 5 and above
In order to access information within the guide, faculty can use the Table of Contents section. The Table of Contents section allows you to locate your specific queries concerning the access of specific Google Apps features on your personal Marymount University Portal account. Additionally, you can also check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section at the end of the guide in order to discover the most asked questions that they might be similar to your own queries. The user guide is important especially in accessing messaging services via Gmail. It provides the improvements or enhancements concerning basic features within this specific application.
Instructions for Using the Application
This section provides you with assistance concerning access the Google Presentation function. It allows you to gain information on how to run the application via the Marymount Portal. The section provides assistance within the following subjects:
- Accessing the Google Apps features from the Marymount Portal
- Loading the Google Presentation application
- Using the loaded application for its specific function
- Entering data within a particular field
- Presenting the input and the output
To access the Google features from the Marymount Portal:
- Open the Google search engine installed in your computer. Once, you have opened it, go to the left search bar to type in the email address of the Marymount Portal by keying in https://my.marymount.edu
- Once you are in the Marymount Portal website, you will be required to enter your user name in the Login box and your personal password in the Password box. After you have entered both requirements, click on the LOGIN tab. However, if your account does not log in, you can access the Reset/Forgot Password option or the First Time Users option for more assistance concerning your failure to log in.
- After you have logged in, there are various tabs located on the top of your homepage. On top of the homepage, go to the LaunchPad and click on Gmail
- After clicking on Gmail, log in into your account by typing in your user name and the password in the Username box and the Password box.
To load a Google Presentation showing the classes you teach in the fall and your office hours:
- Once you have clicked on Google Apps, go to the Google Drive application. Once you are there, click on the Drive button. This button will redirect you to a page for logging in your account.
- After redirecting, log in to your Google account. This will require you to use your email address and your password for your personal Google account.
- However, if you do not have a Google account, you can create one by clicking on the SIGN UP tab at the right-hand top of the Log In page.
- If you log in successfully, you will go back to the page with the Google Drive automatically. Once you are there, click on the Create button. After clicking on the Create button, proceed by clicking on the Presentation option.
Using the Google Presentation for showing the classes that you teach in the fall and your office hours:
- After clicking on the Presentation option, the Google Drive application will provide you with a new blank page that you will create for your respective presentation. Additionally, the application will require you to choose a theme concerning your particular presentation. In this illustration, the default ‘Simple Light’ theme will be the main theme used. After you choose the presentation, click OK.
- Give your presentation a title or a name. Click on the text called ‘Untitled’ on the top in order to change its name (rename). This will become visible in the browser bar at the instance you or any other authorized person is viewing the presentation. Once you have completed the task, click OK.
To enter data in a particular field within the presentation:
- After providing a name for your presentation, you can now begin adding content. First, using the top bar, provide a title for your particular presentation.
- After that, on the left hand part of the presentation, right-click on the small slide and then click on a new slide in order to add more slides.
Presenting the Output
- After adding and editing the contents that illustrate the classes that you teach during the fall and the number of office hours you work during the fall, you will need to present the presentation. Therefore, after adding and editing, click on the Share button in order to edit your presentation’s permission. Clicking on this button will also provide you with your exclusive presentation link. When you are through, click Done.
- Present the presentation by clicking on the View tab and click on ‘Present’
Frequently Asked Questions
This section outlines the important and often questions that you are likely to ask when accessing and using the Google Apps features from your portal account. These questions outline the queries that you may present from using the Google Apps features as well as the answers suitable for every question asked.
- Is it possible for me to sign up if I already own a Google account?
Yes. It is possible to create a separate account at Marymount University even if you already own a Google account. Google Apps in the Marymount Portal is a distinct account that provides you with the opportunity to receive and send Google email via your @my.marymount.edu email address. Your Google Apps at school account offer the advantages of Gmail within an advertisement-free environment.
- Why is my Google Apps at Marymount University Portal different from the personal Google Account?
Your Google Apps at Marymount University Portal are different from your personal Google Account since they are part of a program called Google Apps for Education. Indeed, you may notice that some of the applications present within your personal Google Account are not visible in your school Google Apps account. The Google Apps for Education suite is a software suite that offers Google Apps to not for profit organizations and educational institutions as well. Therefore, Google chooses which of the applications or services that will be accessible in the Google Apps for Education collection.
- Is it a requirement for me to have a Google Account in order to access the Google Apps features such as the Google Drive?
Yes. It is imperative that you own a Google Account in order to access other features powered by Google. As mentioned in the terms and conditions, all Google applications and peripheral features are powered by Google. Usually, when an individual signs up for a Google Account, he or she receives an unrestricted access to other applications and services provided by Google. Therefore, in order for you to access other applications such as Google Drive for purposes of creating a presentation, it is a prerequisite to own a Google Account.
- Is it important for me to own a Google Account, apart from accessing other features provided by Google?
Yes. It is important for you to own a Google Account in order to enjoy other benefits arising from the exciting features provided by Google. Foremost, apart from accessing Google Apps ©, having a Google Account will provide you with the opportunity to save, share and edit the tasks and activities that you perform. For instance, Google Drive provides you with the opportunity to create presentations for various purposes. Therefore, if you want to continue with your presentation, Google Drive provides you with the ability to save the presentation without any problem. As a result, even if you decide to embark on your presentation later, you will still find your presentation intact regardless of any enhancements made to the application.
- Which browsers are possible to use with my Google Apps?
Google suggests that you use the most updated version of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access the most recent Google features. However, browsers such as Safari and Opera Mini will develop inconsequential issues.
- Does the version of the browser affect features of the Google applications upon accessing them?
Yes. The version of the web browser that you are using may affect particular features of the application that you are using. This is because some versions of the respective browser may be unable to support some aspects of the application. For instance, while using the Google Drive application, it is important to use a recently updated browser version that will support all its features. If you are using an Opera Mini web browser with a 3.0 version, it will be imperative that you use a higher version of the browser in order to support features incorporated within the presentation.
- How do I acquire an updated version of my specific web browser?
It is simple to acquire an updated version of your web browser. Usually, for browsers such as Opera Mini, it is simple to update the browser version. This is because such browsers, upon opening, ask you if you want to update your browser to a newer version. Additionally, browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Google also notify you if your browser is outdated and requires an update of the same.
- Will Google Apps notify me if my browser is outdated?
Yes. Google Apps will notify you if your browser is not up to date. This usually depends on the different applications that you may be using at a specific time. For instance, the Gmail application, which is responsible for sending and receiving emails, may attempt to enhance your email settings by providing new features catered for you as the end-user. As you attempt to affirm such enhancements, the application may notify you that your browser does not support the recommended features. This is also similar for Google Drive. As you create your presentation, some features such as the Presentation Title may fail to work. At this point, the application will notify you that the browser you are using does not support the functions.
- Why is it impossible for me to access my account via the Google site?
It is impossible for you to access your account via the Google site because Google Apps for Marymount Portal is an installation of the Google Apps for Education program by Marymount University. Therefore, in order to secure a login, you should sign in through the authentication system of the university. Additionally, other reasons also hinder you from logging in the portal account through the Google site. These reasons include security requirements and account customization.
- What if I desire to use a Google application or program that is not accessible via the Google Apps at Marymount University Portal?
If you want to utilize a Google application or program that is not accessible in Google Apps at Marymount University Portal, for instance Google Groups, then you can utilize your personal Google account. Likewise, if you do not have a Google account and you wish to access some of the unavailable Google applications or programs, you can create a personal Google account by signing up at www.google.com .
Google. (2013). Retrieved from <http://www.google.com/contact/>
Google Apps for Education. (2013). Retrieved from <http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/education/>
Application: A software program that assists the user in performing different tasks within an Operating System.
Browser: A software browser aids the user in searching and retrieving information concerning a particular subject from the Internet.
Domain: An identification that defines a region of authority within the Internet.
Input: This is data or raw facts entered into a computer program or system.
Intranet: A computer network, which utilizes Internet Protocol in order to distribute information in an organization.
Log In: An action that entails entering into a system’s account by providing ceratin criteria such as the password and the username for approval.
Output: This is information that comes out of the program or system after processing.
Password: A combination of characters or secret phrases or words used for authenticating the user in order to affirm identity and offer or reject approval into a system account.
Save: An action that allows one to store records, files or folders on a computer.
Update: An action that involves upgrading a software program to a recent version via the Internet.
Account Customization 15
Application 5-7, 8, 12-14
Browser 4, 13-14
Google Account 5-6, 10, 14-15
Google Apps 5-6, 9, 14-15
Google Drive 5, 9, 11, 15-16
Google Apps for Education 12, 14
Log In 5, 8
Opera Mini 4, 13
Output 4, 10
Presentation 5, 7, 11-12, 13-14
Security Requirements 14
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies