Research Power Point Project Requirements & Points System
- Each student will be required to complete Research Power Point Project, approximately 20 slides to cover your topic.
- Furthermore, you will be required to have some Chicago-Style Endnotes within your Power Point at the end of your research slides
- You need a minimum of six (6) sources in your final bibliography. It PREFERABLE to include two (2) books, other than your textbook. With that in mind, the entire project might be closer to 30 slides (with endnotes and bibliography included).
- Note that generic encyclopedias and Wikipedia are NOT acceptable sources for college-level research. Points will be deducted from your score if you ignore this rule.
- Your internet/google research SHOULD BE LIMITED TO.edu, .gov, and .org sources. Non-educational YouTube and ANY .com are NOT acceptable sources (that includes the History Channel).
- Here’s a link in order to learn about, avoid or better understand Plagiarism.
- You will be held responsible for any plagiarism or to explain any appearance of Plagiarism in your research paper. Some rather serious consequences could come with plagiarism (meaning through official channels of AVC). Take plagiarism seriously!!
- Please note that written verification will be required from the Student Learning Center that you were there and that at least half your research paper has been completed to get any extra credit.
“Do’s & Don’ts” with your Research Project:
A. You should have a short introduction and conclusion.
B. Write your paper in the past tense, as history happened previous to today!
C. Be selective on quotations, and when you do use them, keep them relatively short. Your project should be in your words, as much as possible.
D. Keep background information to a minimum (one page at the most).
E. DO NOT cite class notes in your paper or bibliography.
Your Research Power Point Project is worth 70 Points; the points are broken down as follows:
- Content-30 Points: Historical content, analysis, critical thinking, comparison & contrast, addressing the essay question completely, use of terminology appropriate with the topic and proper length.
- Form-20 Points: Appropriate length, introduction, conclusion, smooth flow and transitions; no major spelling or grammar flaws.
- Chicago Style Format 20 Points: Use of correct & consistent in-text citations & sufficient bibliography in the proper MLA format. Citations are used in paper and the pages in your paper are numbered correctly. Remember: a minimum of six (6) sources in your final bibliography, two (2) of which MUST be books other than your textbook.
A) NO LATE PROJECTS are accepted. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT ON TIME. Technical/Internet issues are NOT acceptable excuses for late projects
B) DO NOT USE generic encyclopedias like Britannica, Encarta or Wikipedia in ANY form, as they are NOT ACCEPTABLE sources for academic research.
C.) .Com and non-educational You Tube sites are also NOT acceptable sources. Ignoring this rule will mean a loss of points!!
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies